maude-help - [Maude-help] Has anyone used MAUDE with a Graphical User Interface Framework like QT or KDE? If the answer is no, I would care to try to integrate/interface QT or KDE to MAUDE and would like some guidance from those of you who are more versed in the fundamental o

[Maude-help] Has anyone used MAUDE with a Graphical User Interface Framework like QT or KDE? If the answer is no, I would care to try to integrate/interface QT or KDE to MAUDE and would like some guidance from those of you who are more versed in the fundamental o

  • From: "Michael Hart" <michael.george.hart AT gmail.com>
  • To: Maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Has anyone used MAUDE with a Graphical User Interface Framework like QT or KDE? If the answer is no, I would care to try to integrate/interface QT or KDE to MAUDE and would like some guidance from those of you who are more versed in the fundamental o
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 09:11:52 -0400

Has anyone used MAUDE with a Graphical User Interface Framework like QT or KDE?

If the answer is no, I would care to try to integrate/interface QT or KDE to MAUDE and would like some guidance from those of you who are more versed in the fundamental operation of MAUDE.

NOTE: I do not want to call MAUDE from a C++ or any other programing language. In my mind that would be like having machine language program calling C++ objects; which seem a## backwards.

The ultimate goal here it to allow MAUDE to become part of the standard tool set used in KDevelop (www.kdevelop.org) and available for more conventional software development such as games, business applications etc... In fact I believe that MAUDE would be an incredible boon to business application development especially in the development of Wall Street type expert systems for trading.

On a personal note; I have waited more than 30 years for a language like MAUDE to come into existence. Touching upon and using many languages throughout those years such as  SMALLTALK,  PROLOG, MECURY, FORTRAN, C++, C, HASKELL, MPL, PASCAL, MODULA, SNOBOL 4, APL, LISP to name a few, believing until I discovered MAUDE about one to two years ago that PROLOG and C++ along with its meta and functional programing (see the boost libraries as a good example of this www.boost.org) was the only way to go to (My personal opinion and 30+ years in the software industry)

In my mind MAUDE is fantastic and natural way to all aspect of software development which I hope will not fall into obscurity or to be used only in the LAB a handful of theorist like so many languages prior.

My resolution in helping MAUDE get more exposure is getting it smack dab into KDE/GNOME Open Source development under the popular QT/KDE Kdevelop system....

So any of great inventors of MAUDE care to offer guidance for  this  effort please do rather that having me stumble arround looking for a way to do what needs to be done.

Thanks
Michael.

  • [Maude-help] Has anyone used MAUDE with a Graphical User Interface Framework like QT or KDE? If the answer is no, I would care to try to integrate/interface QT or KDE to MAUDE and would like some guidance from those of you who are more versed in the fundamental o, Michael Hart, 07/16/2008