maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] a beginner question....

Re: [Maude-help] a beginner question....

  • From: Steven Eker <eker AT csl.sri.com>
  • To: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] a beginner question....
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:32:43 -0800

The line

[4]+ Stopped maude simplenat.maude

Makes me think that the Maude process has been suspended (typically ctrl-Z in
most shells) so that your typed command is going to the shell. Try running
Maude without a command line argument and type

red 1 + 1 .

to see if the prelude with it's built-in operators has loaded. You should see
something like:

reduce in CONVERSION : 1 + 1 .
rewrites: 1 in 0ms cpu (11ms real) (~ rewrites/second)
result NzNat: 2

Steven