maude-help - [Maude-help] a beginner question....

[Maude-help] a beginner question....

  • From: Marinella Petrocchi <marinella.petrocchi AT iit.cnr.it>
  • To: maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] a beginner question....
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:53:36 +0100

Dear all,

few days ago I downloaded Core Maude 2.4 for Linux Intel x86. (As
operating system, I use Ubuntu, 8.10)
Following the web site instructions, I put the maude-linux directories
into /usr/local, and I created the symbolic link to the Maude executable
in a directory in my path....
Also, I added to .bashrc the following:

export MAUDE_LIB='/usr/local/maude-linux'

Consequently, Maude starts, and there is no warning message about the
prelude-maude. Fine.

Problem is..all the rest! :(
It seems that nothing works. Starting with the basic examples in the
manual I obtained some error messages.
Considering SIMPLE-NAT,
I launch maude simplenat.maude.

if I type:

reduce s s zero + s s s zero .

I obtain:

[4]+ Stopped maude simplenat.maude
bash: reduce: command not found

if I type:
red s s zero + s s s zero .

I obtain
"s: No such file or directory".

Also, I tried with other examples found on the net, e.g., at
http://www-compsci.swan.ac.uk/~csneal/MaudeCourse/BasicMaude.html
section 2.3, rewriting....

I load the module basicnat.maude
and if I type:

red s(0) + s(s(0)) .

I obtain:

bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

...What's wrong with this?
thanks very much for your help, and sorry if the questions are stupid....

best regards, marinella