maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] "No common ancestor" message

Re: [Maude-help] "No common ancestor" message

  • From: Juan Ignacio Perna <jiperna AT cs.york.ac.uk>
  • Cc: maude-help AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] "No common ancestor" message
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 22:46:44 +0100

Sorry about the question, I posted a similar question to this one a couple of months ago and never got an answer (or so I thought).
I just went checking the web and found the answer to my old post (I will have to check the spam filters in my mail account....)

Kind regards (and sorry again),

Juan

Juan Ignacio Perna wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to implement a language of expressions (this is part of a bigger language) and I am interested in having list of both variable names and expressions.
My idea was to make a generic list module and then generate two instantiations of it. When trying to do that, I stumbled upon loads of error messages of the form:

Advisory: "filename.maude" line .... (fmod: ....): operator ..... has been imported from both "filename.maude", line ..... (fmod ....) and "filename.maude", line .... (fmod: ....) with no common ancestor.

I think the problem is, somehow, that I have the Var as a subsort of Exp (the error does not arise if I instantiate one of the lists with the view Int instead of Exp, for example), but I don't fully understand why and how to solve it.

I am attaching a simplified version of the file for you to be able to reproduce the error. I am using core maude for windows (2.4)

Many thanks,

Juan