maude-help - [Maude-help] Multiples instances of LIST with common ancestor

[Maude-help] Multiples instances of LIST with common ancestor

  • From: Marc Boyer <Marc.Boyer AT onera.fr>
  • To: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Multiples instances of LIST with common ancestor
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 10:14:17 +0200

Dear all,

I have a problem of multiple instanciation of a LIST with two sorts,
subsorts of a common sort.

Here is a minimal example

fmod SOME-SORTS is
sorts A B C .
subsort B < A .
subsort C < A .
endfm

view B from TRIV to SOME-SORTS is
sort Elt to B .
endv

view C from TRIV to SOME-SORTS is
sort Elt to C .
endv

fmod LIST-A-B-C is
protecting LIST{B} .
protecting LIST{C} .
endfm

Then, maude complains
Advisory: "ListAndCommonAncestor.maude", line 26 (fmod LIST-A-B-C): operator
nil has been imported from both "prelude.maude", line 991 (fmod
LIST) and
"prelude.maude", line 991 (fmod LIST) with no common ancestor.

Of course, this is a simplified example. In the application, LIST{B} is
used in one module, LIST{C} in another, and there exists a third module
which import both.

Is there any solution ? I could use in both a LIST{A} (the common
ancestor), but in this case, I losses some typing...

Last detail, in the real application, there is a fort sort, D,
which is a subsort of B and C. Any solution should allow this...

Any idea ?

Regards,
Marc Boyer

--
Marc Boyer, Ingenieur de recherche ONERA
Tel: (33) 5.62.25.26.36 DTIM