maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Multiples instances of LIST with common ancestor

Re: [Maude-help] Multiples instances of LIST with common ancestor

  • From: Marc Boyer <Marc.Boyer AT onera.fr>
  • To: Francisco Durán <duran AT lcc.uma.es>
  • Cc: maude-help AT peepal.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Multiples instances of LIST with common ancestor
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:17:25 +0200

Francisco Durán a écrit :
Hi Marc,

Maude assumes your modules are preregular (http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/maude2-manual/html/maude-manualch3.html#x15-350003.8), which basically means that any term has a unique least sort.

This is not the case in your example, since nil comes both from LIST{B} and LIST{C}, with no common ancestor. And not only nil, you are probably getting similar advisories for operators __, append, ...

I understand the reason with nil, but not for other operators.
I can "expand" the module, and remove any ambiguity.

fmod SOME-SORTS is
sorts A B C .
subsort B < A .
subsort C < A .
op b : -> B .
op c : -> C .
op _ + _ : B B -> B .
op _ + _ : C C -> C .
endfm

red b + b .
red c + c .

Maude is then able to find the sort of b + b and c + c.

Regards,
Marc Boyer
--
Marc Boyer, Ingenieur de recherche ONERA
Tel: (33) 5.62.25.26.36 DTIM