maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Can you help for this?

Re: [Maude-help] Can you help for this?

  • From: Traian Florin Șerbănuță <tserban2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: YUJIAN FU <yujian.fu AT aamu.edu>
  • Cc: "maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu" <maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Can you help for this?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:32:10 -0500

Dear Yujian Fu,

The problems seems to be that you forgot to add a spaces after the
"=>" symbol in rules t00--t31.
This confuses Maude's parser as it expects propers spacing around
constructs, and then it returns to the user in a mode where it expects
more input to finish parsing. That is why your commands don't have
any effect, because they are "eaten" by the parser.

Usually, when things like this happen, hitting CTRL+C would give you
and advisory message like

Advisory: <standard input>, line 1 (mod PM): discarding incomplete module.

which at least informs you in which module the parser got lost.
hope that helps.

best wishes,
- traian