maude-help - [Maude-help] Double unconditionnal membership: feature or bug

[Maude-help] Double unconditionnal membership: feature or bug

  • From: Marc Boyer <Marc.Boyer AT onera.fr>
  • To: Maude Help <maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Double unconditionnal membership: feature or bug
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:01:37 +0200

Dear maude users,

I have a term which is a member of two subsorts. But I can not manage to tell Maude to see both membership without declaring a new subsort.

Here is a minimal example:

fmod TEST-MB2 is
sorts A B C .
subsorts B < A .
subsorts C < A .

op bc : -> A .
mb bc : B .
mb bc : C .
endfm

red bc :: B .
red bc :: C .

Of course, I could declare a new sort BC, subsort of B and C, but in
my real problem, it does not match any "real" sort, and I would like to
avoid it.

Regards,
Marc Boyer
--
Marc Boyer, Ingenieur de recherche ONERA
Tel: (33) 5.62.25.26.36 DTIM