maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Double unconditionnal membership: feature or bug

Re: [Maude-help] Double unconditionnal membership: feature or bug

  • From: Francisco Durán <duran AT lcc.uma.es>
  • To: Marc Boyer <Marc.Boyer AT onera.fr>
  • Cc: Maude Help <maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Double unconditionnal membership: feature or bug
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:56:10 +0200

Hi Marc,

What is supposed to be the sort of bc? When you reduce bc you expect it to be
of sort B or C?

All terms are supposed to have a unique least sort. It is like being
non-confluent, but in the more general case of membership equational logic.

Your example is equivalent to the following.

fmod TEST-MB3 is
sorts A B C .
subsorts B C < A .
op b : -> B .