maude-help - [Maude-help] Rewriting with a particular rule

[Maude-help] Rewriting with a particular rule

  • From: Vladimir Klebanov <klebanov AT kit.edu>
  • To: maude-help AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Rewriting with a particular rule
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2015 22:15:20 +0200

Hi,

I am trying to debug a module with some rules, and in the process I am
looking for a way to achieve the following.

I would like to give Maude a term and the name of a rule (defined in
the module) and Maude would tell me if this rule is applicable to the
term and, if so, what a (or the) result would be. Is there a way to do
this? I did not find a solution in the manual.

The background is that I am using search, but my rules are buggy, and
no solution is found, even though the domain knowledge suggests that
there is one. I want to reenact the solution I have in mind in Maude
to see where rewriting fails. So far I do not see a good way to do
this. The mechanism above would help, but other suggestions are also
very welcome.

Thanks!

Vladimir

--
Vladimir Klebanov
Postdoctoral Researcher, Application-oriented Formal Verification