nl-uiuc - [nl-uiuc] The NLP lunch

nl-uiuc AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Natural language research announcements

[nl-uiuc] The NLP lunch

  • From: Julia Hockenmaier <juliahmr AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • To: <nl-uiuc AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [nl-uiuc] The NLP lunch
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:43:08 -0600

Dear all,

today was the last NLP lunch this semester -- many thanks to everybody who showed up this semester, gave talks, asked questions and gave feedback to the speakers, and made it such a success!

For those of you who don't know about it, we started a weekly Speech and Natural Language Processing Lunch in the fall as a forum for the Speech and NLP community at Illinois to exchange ideas and to socialize. Every week, one of us (grad student, postdoc, or faculty) gives a brief, informal talk (the target is 20 minutes, but with questions it usually takes up the whole hour) about their current research.

We will continue this lunch next semester. It will take place on Tuesdays (not Wednesdays) at 12pm in 3405 Siebel Center. Our first meeting will be January 27.