patterns-discussion - Re: RE : [patterns-discussion] Using Design Patterns without dynamic memoryallocation

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: RE : [patterns-discussion] Using Design Patterns without dynamic memoryallocation

  • From: Russ Rufer <russ AT pentad.com>
  • To: "Isaacs, David" <d-isaacs AT ti.com>
  • Cc: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: RE : [patterns-discussion] Using Design Patterns without dynamic memoryallocation
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:24:02 -0800

Yes, there's a wealth of information in Real-Time Design Patterns, and as I recall, it's a good read too. Here's a link to a sample chapter:

   Real-Time Design Patterns - Chapter 7 "Resource Patterns"
   By Bruce Powel Douglass
   http://www.cuj.com/documents/s=8204/cujweb0306douglass/resource_patterns.pdf

<aside: Dave, thanks so much for your support when I was starting the Silicon Valley Patterns Group back in '98--we're still going strong with weekly meetings!>

- Russ

Isaacs, David wrote:

I am curious if anyone has experience with the following book by
Bruce Douglass:
"Real-Time Design Patterns: Robust Scalable Architecture for Real-Time Systems"

At one point, I intended to read the book as soon as it was available but then
I left for a non-real-time project and have not ventured back into that
world...

Any opinions on that book?
-Dave-