patterns-discussion - RE: [patterns-discussion] A Generative Theory of Similarity (withreferences to Alexander)

Subject: General talk about software patterns

RE: [patterns-discussion] A Generative Theory of Similarity (withreferences to Alexander)

  • From: "Mike Beedle" <beedlem AT e-architects.com>
  • To: "Patterns Discussion" <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [patterns-discussion] A Generative Theory of Similarity (withreferences to Alexander)
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:47:13 -0600

Jesus,

My post is not about "String Patterns", which I am sure they exist, and are
no doubt *very interesting*, but about the cognitive process that arises
from generative patterns i.e. Alexander-like patterns:

A Generative Theory of Similarity
http://web.mit.edu/~ckemp/www/papers/KempBT05.pdf

If you have a chance skim through the paper -- imo, it is an interesting
paper, written by fairly well-regarded-in-their-field MIT folks about
cognition.

Nevertheless, if my post was about "String Patterns", say about the
similarity of Lagrangians across SuperString theories, or about patterns in
the similar spectrums generated by type I, IIA IIB and heterotic strings; it
would still be ok to post to this list:
http://www.hillside.net/patterns/mailing.htm
(There are many other lists to discuss "..design and architectural
patterns", but this list is not exclusive for that purpose.)

>From the above page I quote:

"patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
is for discussion of patterns in general."

But you _do_ have a choice... , if you are not interested in the subject,
simply don't read my posts, and don’t respond to them. It is that easy,

- Mike