patterns-discussion - RE: [patterns-discussion] pattern to apply to centralized reporti ng

Subject: General talk about software patterns

RE: [patterns-discussion] pattern to apply to centralized reporti ng

  • From: "Siddle, James" <james.siddle AT siemens.com>
  • To: Reza Razavipour <rrazavipour AT stbernard.com>, patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [patterns-discussion] pattern to apply to centralized reporti ng
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:05:29 +0100

On the face of it it sounds like you could use a fairly simple client-server architectural pattern, where your workstations connect to the central reporter to deliver reports. Alternatively your central reporter could collect the data from the workstations in a 'round-robin' style. You would also need to establish how your clients and servers discover each other, e.g. are the clients configured with the details of the server, or vice versa?

Jim