patterns-discussion - RE: [patterns-discussion] pattern to apply to centralized reporting

Subject: General talk about software patterns

RE: [patterns-discussion] pattern to apply to centralized reporting

  • From: "Reza Razavipour" <rrazavipour AT stbernard.com>
  • To: <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [patterns-discussion] pattern to apply to centralized reporting
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:58:25 -0700

Thanks for the replies. I did not want to scare people with too much detail. But now, here is more. The databases on each software is a Postgres database. They each collect data continously and rather rapidly. If I simply "add" all the data to the central database, the space requirment is prohibitely large.

To answer some of Ralph's questions:
We are supposed to use as much code as possible, I am a dissent programmer, I have access to the code, each database has a maximum of 80 G of data, data collected each day is about 4 million records a day, we are using SCRUM so we should have something pretty soon, it does not have to do much...

Reza