patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Any experiences about using ontologies to descibe patterns?

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Any experiences about using ontologies to descibe patterns?

  • From: Juha Parssinen <juha.parssinen AT vtt.fi>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Any experiences about using ontologies to descibe patterns?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:10:55 +0300

Dear All,

Do you have experience using semantics and ontologies to describe
patterns? Any links to success stories and failures? Reason why I ask
this in this forum is that some of associates have a project starting
where they are planning to do this kind of research in one particular
domain. Even I have some know-how about patterns and ontologies, in my
own work I have been using textual format (GOF, Coplien and
Alexandrian-like) to describe patterns.

Your help to find information about this subject will be much
appreciated.

Best regards,

Juha