patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Patterns in Object-Oriented Analysis - new State-of-the-Art report

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Patterns in Object-Oriented Analysis - new State-of-the-Art report

  • From: "Giselher Pankratz" <Giselher.Pankratz AT FernUni-Hagen.de>
  • To: <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Patterns in Object-Oriented Analysis - new State-of-the-Art report
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 08:24:54 +0200

Dear list members,

Some of you may find this State-of-the-Art report of interest. Comments and
suggestions are highly appreciated. Feel free to contact us.

Best wishes
Nicolas Blaimer, Andreas Bortfeldt, Giselher Pankratz
University of Hagen, Germany

Patterns in Object-Oriented Analysis
************************************
Authors: Nicolas Blaimer, Andreas Bortfeldt, Giselher Pankratz
Corresponding author: Andreas Bortfeldt,
andreas.bortfeldt AT fernuni-hagen.de
Downloadable from:
ftp://ftp.fernuni-hagen.de/pub/fachb/wiwi/winf/forschng/publi/Diskussionsbeitrag_451.pdf

Please cite as: Blaimer, N.; Bortfeldt, A. and Pankratz, G.: Patterns in
Object-Oriented Analysis,
Working Paper No. 451, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics,
University of Hagen
(Germany), 2010.

Abstract:
Analysis patterns have recently shown their great potential to enhance the
set-up of models in object-oriented analysis. This report attempts to
summarize the present state of literature on the subject of analysis
patterns. It is organised in two main parts. In the first part, we present a
comprehensive overview of the existing literature considering about one
hundred contributions. In the second part, we address some fundamental
methodological issues related to both the creation and the application of
analysis patterns. We study pattern documentation and organisation - e.g. in
pattern catalogues - as important factors which the successful re-use of
analysis patterns depends on. Furthermore, we consider and generalize
numerous existing approaches to the application of analysis patterns. We show
that all these approaches can be subsumed under two methods. Within the first
method, patterns are integrated in the analysis model from the very first,
whereas in the second method patterns are integrated only after a complete
model has been established. Since the first method is of particular interest,
it is illustrated by means of a substantial and nontrivial example. We also
give special attention to the issue of traceability of patterns incorporated
in a model, and we describe a promising approach from recent literature in
detail.

--
Dr. Giselher Pankratz
Lehrstuhl Wirtschaftsinformatik

FernUniversität - University of Hagen
Profilstraße 8
58084 Hagen
Germany

Phone: +49 (0)2331 987-4432
Fax: +49 (0)2331 987-4447 or -4437
Email:
Giselher.Pankratz AT FernUni-Hagen.de
Skype: giselherpankratz
Web: http://www.fernuni-hagen.de/WINF/

  • [patterns-discussion] Patterns in Object-Oriented Analysis - new State-of-the-Art report, Giselher Pankratz, 05/17/2010