patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Desperate plea for shepherds for PLoP 2011

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Desperate plea for shepherds for PLoP 2011

  • From: Linda Rising <risingl AT tds.net>
  • To: Hillside Europe <membersHillsideEurope AT yahoogroups.com>, Hillside Members <members AT hillside.net>, Shepherd <shepherd AT hillside.net>, Patterns Discussion <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>, gang_of_4_list <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, business-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu, TelePLoP List <telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, All PLoP Attendees <plopattendees AT hillside.net>
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Desperate plea for shepherds for PLoP 2011
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 16:26:10 -0500

Dear Shepherding Community,

We desperately need your help for PLoP 2011! There are 8 papers still waiting for a shepherd. Mostly these papers are in a very decent state to start shepherding, and they really deserve the chance to get to PLoP this year. Actually most of the more challenging shepherding work has already been taken care of. The topics are good as well, and we very much hope that these papers will be part of the program to keep it diverse and strong.

So, we are again reaching out to you asking you to consider shepherding a paper this year, for the benefit of the authors, the patterns community, and the continuation of the PLoP conferences. Shepherding is a cornerstone of our value system!

Thanks for considering!! Here is the link and the instructions to shepherd:

To sign up as a shepherd, please go to: http://www.hillside.net/plop/2011/submission/gate.cgi

Click on "Become a shepherd" and enter your e-mail address, name and access code "maehhh".

If you are a PC member or author, please use the same email address when signing up as a shepherd, so you can access all your papers and papers shepherded from a single sign-on.

Big thanks to those who already volunteered as shepherds for PLoP 2011, not least to those who shepherd more than one paper!

Note! Paper 37 is being shepherded, we just have a logistics problem with the assignment.

Cheers,

Lise

  • [patterns-discussion] Desperate plea for shepherds for PLoP 2011, Linda Rising, 06/25/2011