patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] Patterns for self-updateable systems?

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] Patterns for self-updateable systems?

  • From: Dragos Manolescu <dmanoles AT gmail.com>
  • To: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] Patterns for self-updateable systems?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:46:35 -0700

Hi --

I'm building a system that needs the ability to self-update (software)
from the network, at run time. This is an area I don't have first hand
experience with but I know that it's been done for years--for example,
telecom switches. If you know of patterns that focus on
self-updateable software I would appreciate your pointing me their
way.

Thanks,

-Dragos

--