patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] [Hillside Members] New ePub: Agile Software: Patterns of Practice

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] [Hillside Members] New ePub: Agile Software: Patterns of Practice

  • From: Joseph Bergin <jbergin AT pace.edu>
  • To: Hillside Members <members AT hillside.net>
  • Cc: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu, membersHillsideEurope AT yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] [Hillside Members] New ePub: Agile Software: Patterns of Practice
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:21:11 -0400

That might be possible since I have copyright to everything. Let's talk about
it offline. I have open office versions of everything for the print version.

BTW, The kindle version just went live on Amazon also.

I'm also doing a book of most of our pedagogical patterns. That will be
released under CC license so it is more obvious to do that this way. It is
nearing completion.

Oh, and another "graphic novel" showing how I teach polymorphic programming
in Java. I'm writing the script for that, but haven't found an artist to
collaborate with yet. I have been trying to think of how to put such a
dynamic process on paper, since the final result doesn't show how the program
gets its design. It uses a bunch of simple design patterns (strategy, null
object, state) and the process is two students doing pairing with TDD to
develop the dozen or so version.

Be well
Joe

On Mar 22, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Ward Cunningham wrote:

> Joe -- Do you have any interest in publish excerpts of your patterns as a
> CC-BY-SA federated wiki? I did a machine translation of Eric Evans' DDD
> patterns. It would be awesome if yours intertwined with his using new wiki
> linking.
>
> http://ddd.fed.wiki.org
>
> Best regards. -- Ward
>

> On Mar 21, 2012, at 4:07 PM, Joseph Bergin wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone. My latest book is now available in the itunes music store
>> (ePub) and in print. It has over 100 patterns of agile software
>> development based on Scrum and XP. Many of the patterns were workshopped
>> at PLoP and EuroPLoP, of course. It is basically a handbook for
>> practitioners.
>>
>> You can find out more on my personal website:
>> http://jbergin.com
>>
>> Enjoy
>> Joe
>> ---
>> Joseph Bergin, Professor Emeritus
>> Pace University, Computer Science, One Pace Plaza, NY NY 10038
>> EMAIL
>> jbergin AT pace.edu
>> HOMEPAGE http://csis.pace.edu/~bergin/
>> ---
>> you shall above all things be glad and young.
>> For if you’re young, whatever life you wear
>>
>> it will become you;and if you are glad
>> whatever’s living will yourself become
>>
>> - - e. e. cummings

---