patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] 20th PLoP Invitation!

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] 20th PLoP Invitation!

  • From: Linda Rising <risingl AT tds.net>
  • To: Hillside Europe <membersHillsideEurope AT yahoogroups.com>, Hillside Members <members AT hillside.net>, gang_of_4_list <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, All PLoP Attendees <plopattendees AT hillside.net>, Shepherd <shepherd AT hillside.net>, Patterns Discussion <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>, TelePLoP List <telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, business-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] 20th PLoP Invitation!
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:20:31 -0500

Apologies for multiple postings.

Dear pattern enthusiasts,

2013 marks the year where we celebrate the 20th conference on Pattern Languages of Programs,
PLoP'13. This PLoP will be in many ways a special one. Not only is it going to back to where the
PLoP conferences started: to Allerton Park in Monticello, Illinois, US. But this time also a lot of
oldtimers will participate, among them Ward Cunningham, Peter Sommerlad, Kyle Brown, Joshua Kerievsky,
Eugene Wallingford, Jenny Quillien, Joe Yoder, Ralph Johnson, Richard Gabriel, Robert Hanmer,
Rebecca Wirfs-Brock, Lise Hvatum, and Ademar Aguiar. There also will be some special activities
where we look back and forward: what has the pattern community achieved so far, are we now
where we thought we would be 20 years ago, and where might we (need to) be heading?

As chair of this year's PLoP I'd like to invite you all to join us and experience a conference with an
interesting program (please see the list with accepted papers:
http://www.hillside.net/plop/2013/index.php?nav=acceptedpapers, the complete program will be
published begin october), many social activities and to hang out with other pattern experts and
beginners. The registration will be available until October 1st and can be done online:
http://www.hillside.net/plop/2013/index.php?nav=registration.

It would be a pleasure to meet you in Allerton Park and to celebrate together the 20th PLoP!

Kind regards,
Christian Köppe
PLoP'13 chair

  • [patterns-discussion] 20th PLoP Invitation!, Linda Rising, 09/13/2013