patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] PLoP 20-year anniversary - recollections, retrospecting, best wishes, and thoughts

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] PLoP 20-year anniversary - recollections, retrospecting, best wishes, and thoughts

  • From: Linda Rising <risingl AT tds.net>
  • To: Hillside Europe <membersHillsideEurope AT yahoogroups.com>, Hillside Members <members AT hillside.net>, Shepherd <shepherd AT hillside.net>, All PLoP Attendees <plopattendees AT hillside.net>, Patterns Discussion <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>, gang_of_4_list <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, TelePLoP List <telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, business-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] PLoP 20-year anniversary - recollections, retrospecting, best wishes, and thoughts
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:38:13 -0500

Sorry for multiple postings.

Dear past and present PLoP participants and patterns community members,

As you know PLoP is celebrating its 20th anniversary this October. In marking this occasion we are gathering
together greetings and anecdotes from our community with the goal of making it available on Hillside.net
and in a small publication. We are reaching out to you all hoping you will share your good memories of the past
and cheer us on with wishes for the future. If you participated in the earliest PLoPs we would very much like to
hear your stories of what happened as well as your thoughts on the future of patterns back then when it was all starting.

We are happy to receive recordings and writings in any shape or form -- hand-written notes, poems, essays, stories,
songs, pictures, drawings…

If you can send it by October 16 it is really appreciated, that will give us some time to prepare a collection before PLoP.

Please help us making this anniversary memorable!

In appreciation,

Rebecca and Lise
Our addresses are:
rebecca AT wirfs-brock.com
and
hvatum1 AT slb.com

--
Co-Author of Fearless Change: patterns for introducing new ideas
http://www.fearlesschangepatterns.com

Check out my new web site
http://www.lindarising.org

  • [patterns-discussion] PLoP 20-year anniversary - recollections, retrospecting, best wishes, and thoughts, Linda Rising, 09/26/2013