patterns-discussion - [patterns-discussion] PLoP 2014 CFP Deadline Extended

Subject: General talk about software patterns

[patterns-discussion] PLoP 2014 CFP Deadline Extended

  • From: Linda Rising <risingl AT tds.net>
  • To: Hillside Europe <membersHillsideEurope AT yahoogroups.com>, Hillside Members <members AT hillside.net>, All PLoP Attendees <plopattendees AT hillside.net>, Shepherd <shepherd AT hillside.net>, Patterns Discussion <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>, gang_of_4_list <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, TelePLoP List <telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, business-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [patterns-discussion] PLoP 2014 CFP Deadline Extended
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2014 08:41:37 -0500

Apologies for multiple postings.

Dear Patterns Fan:

As you know, the deadline has passed for submitting papers to PLoP 2014. The bad news is that the number of submissions is quite low. We are wondering if you have material nearly ready and need just a gentle nudge. Perhaps you were thinking that PLoP would be held in conjunction with Splash making the deadline later?

Whatever your reason for delay, we are going to encourage you by extending the deadline to midnight, Sunday, May 11.

We already have confirmed speakers Crista Lopes, Dave Thomas, and Ralph Johnson, so we are anxious to enroll as many
authors as possible.

PLoP promotes development of pattern languages on all aspects of software, including design and programming, software architecture, user interface design, domain modeling, software processes, project management, and more.

Paper submissions may include short papers containing one or more patterns, longer pattern languages or sequences, or works-in-progress by writers wishing to get in-depth shepherding by an experienced author at the conference. Patterns and pattern languages on other topics, essays on patterns, and visions for the future are encouraged.

In addition, you may submit proposals for free-format discussion groups or workshops bringing together people interested in a hot topic related to patterns or proven practices—with a duration about two hours. Non-conventional formats are welcome.

Suggestions or proposals for activities are welcome and encouraged. Please contact the chairs with your ideas.contact the chairs with your ideas.

PLoP14 submissions are peer reviewed and digitally archived at ACM. Papers discussed at writer's workshop at this conference qualify for submission to the journal "TPLoP - Transactions on Pattern Languages of Programming" published by Springer. See Springer's pages on TPLoP for details of this journal.

http://hillside.net/plop/2014/

We hope you can join us at Allerton this year!

  • [patterns-discussion] PLoP 2014 CFP Deadline Extended, Linda Rising, 05/01/2014