charm - [charm] Linking Charm as a C++ library from Fortran code

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Linking Charm as a C++ library from Fortran code

  • From: "Shi, Jerry" <sgjerry AT lanl.gov>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Linking Charm as a C++ library from Fortran code
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 17:34:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Currently we are woking on a project, which need to used Charm as a C++ library and call it from a fortran code. So now I have a charm code complied without any problem, but encountered  problems when linking the it to the fortran code.

I have tried "charmc -language fortran -stdc++ -lmpi -nomain-module "  and "gfortran -stdc++" for linking procedure.
But the former one give error as "undefined referenced to CkRegisterMainModule"
and the latter one gave tons of errors that they cannot find anything related to charm

Could you please give me some advices about this issue? Thank you very much

Best regards,
Jerry

  • [charm] Linking Charm as a C++ library from Fortran code, Shi, Jerry, 07/21/2015