charm - [charm] [Charm++] Build error

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] [Charm++] Build error

  • From: Jurek Olden <jurek.olden AT in.tum.de>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] [Charm++] Build error
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 20:17:28 +0200

Hi,

i am currently experimenting with Charm++ to eventually rewrite a tsunami simulation, and i am experiencing the error described here: https://charm.cs.illinois.edu/redmine/issues/522.
The problem is fixed if i, as in the ticket, use the -production option when building.

The error message: https://pastebin.com/qnK57PZb

It always occurs when building the AMPI target; building Charm++ works but then the error occurs when building the sample 'Hello World with broadcast' code.
By the way, i also encountered this: https://lists.cs.illinois.edu/lists/arc/charm/2016-04/msg00003.html, but i could fix it the same way as described there (Arch Linux has a separate libtirpc package).

My OS is Arch Linux, Kernel version 4.17.2, glibc version 2.27-3, gcc version 8.1.1.

Please let me know if you need any other information - i reckoned you might be interested in this since no one was able to reproduce the error according to the ticket.

Kind regards,
Jurek Olden