maude-help - [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Err Msg in Full Maude 2.0 even with 'set show timing off' (2) Output redirection?

[Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Err Msg in Full Maude 2.0 even with 'set show timing off' (2) Output redirection?

  • From: Scott <scottxyz AT usa.net>
  • To: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Maude-help] [Maude on Windows] Err Msg in Full Maude 2.0 even with 'set show timing off' (2) Output redirection?
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:38:46 -0400

SUMMARY
=======
Thank you to Steven Eker for the response regarding 'set show timing off .'
when using Full Maude 2.0 on Windows/LINE.

However, the error is still happening.

Help is needed on two Windows/LINE issues:

(1) is there a way to redirect standard output to a file rather than to the
Maude window?

(2) After loading Full Maude 2.0, error message "FixedMemAlloc failed (err
-12)" keeps appearing even after doing 'set show {loop} timing off .' and 'set
show {loop} stats off .' - for any 'reduce' or 'loop' command done in module
FULL-MAUDE.

The same error message reducing in Full Maude 2.0 has been replicated on two
different Windows machines after doing 'set show ... off .' - probably not a
memory issue because the error occurs on a laptop running WinNT4 and 256 megs
RAM, and a desktop running Win2000 with 512 megs RAM, unless it has to do with
LINE's or Maude's allocated share of memory.

DETAILS
=======
Thanks so much to Steven Eker for the reply regarding the need to shut off
timing when using the loop in Full Maude 2.0.(How could I have missed these
after staring at Chapter 17 of the Maude 2.0 manual all day?!)

*** However, even using 'set show timing off .' as Steven mentioned, the same
error message is still occurring in Windows/LINE. ***

For example, I download Full Maude 2.0 source from
http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/download/fm.maude and comment out all commands after
'fmod FULL-MAUDE ... endfm'. Then I enter:

Maude> in full-maude.maude
*** all modules load ok

*** shut off all timing/stats
Maude> set show timing off .
Maude> set show loop timing off .
Maude> set show stats off .
Maude> set show loop stats off .

Then I try any of the following - anything I evaluate in FULL-MAUDE causes the
error:

*** this causes error message
Maude> loop init .
FixedMemAlloc failed (err -12)

*** nullary op 'o' declared in FULL-MAUDE 'op o : -> Oid .'
*** Should give 'result Oid : o' but causes error message
Maude> red in FULL-MAUDE : o .
FixedMemAlloc failed (err -12)

*** reducing in some other module works:
Maude> red in NAT : 2 + 3 .
result Nat : 5

*** looping in some other module works:
Maude> loop in NAT : 2 + 3 .
non-loop result Nat : 5

*** reducing ANYTHING in FULL-MAUDE gives the error message
Maude> red in FULL-MAUDE : 2 + 3 .
FixedMemAlloc failed (err -12)

*** looping ANYTHING in FULL-MAUDE gives the error message
Maude> loop in FULL-MAUDE : 2 + 3 .
FixedMemAlloc failed (err -12)

*** looping ANYTHING in FULL-MAUDE gives the error message
Maude> loop in FULL-MAUDE : o .
FixedMemAlloc failed (err -12)

This is a laptop with WinNT4, with 256Megs RAM + 450Megs virtual memory (swap
space). A friend of mine has also tested it on a Win2000/LINE desktop with 512
megs and replicated the same error message.

Scott Alexander
Brooklyn, New York