maude-help - [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin

[Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin

  • From: José María Álvarez Palomo <alvarezp AT lcc.uma.es>
  • To: maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:44:01 +0200

Hi all,

I am using Maude to teach ADTs to my students and most of them are reluctant or unable to install Linux in their PCs at home.

I am trying so to ease them to use maude on an UNIX emulator on Windows. I have installed Cygwin 1.3 on Windows 2000 and then I have installed the binaries for maude 2 Linux/Intel-x86. I have run

bash$ ./maude.linux

and I have got the next error message:

./maude.linux: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Same happened with maude 1.0.5.

Has anyone tried to use maude in this way, or know how to make it work properly?

Thanks in advance

--
José María Álvarez Palomo
Dpt. Lenguajes y Ciencias de la Computación