maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin

Re: [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin

  • From: "Ambarish Sridharanarayanan" <srdhrnry AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: <alvarezp AT lcc.uma.es>
  • Cc: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] Maude on Cygwin
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:36:47 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

José María Álvarez Palomo said:
<snip>
> I am trying so to ease them to use maude on an UNIX emulator on Windows.
> I have installed Cygwin 1.3 on Windows 2000 and then I have installed
> the binaries for maude 2 Linux/Intel-x86. I have run
<snip>
> Has anyone tried to use maude in this way, or know how to make it work
> properly?

I do not know of anyone who has successfully run Maude on Cygwin 1.3. Have
you looked at the Maude web-page dealing with Windows at

http://maude.cs.uiuc.edu/download/windows.html

already? That deals with running Maude on top of Line
(http://line.sourceforge.net). It is not perfect, and some things do not
work (notably the debugger), but it should work as a tool for executable
specification.

Work is also on currently to build Maude natively on Windows (using MinGW)
or on top of Cygwin; when it is done, it will be announced on the web-page
and through
maude-users AT maude.cs.uiuc.edu

Ambarish