patterns-discussion - Lisp (again) was RE: [patterns-discussion] Pattern-Oriented Programming

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Lisp (again) was RE: [patterns-discussion] Pattern-Oriented Programming

  • From: "Jason Baragry" <Jason.Baragry AT nr.no>
  • To: <Jason.Baragry AT nr.no>, <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Lisp (again) was RE: [patterns-discussion] Pattern-Oriented Programming
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:52:04 +0100

G'Day,
Sorry for the off-topic question but the recent lisp discussion made me
think this was a good group of people to ask.
Does anyone know of a good lisp - java integration package? Specifically,
some way for Java to interpret Lisp expressions.
We have a lisp-based workflow engine that we want to add a Java client to.
However, the best package we have found, Jatha
(http://jatha.sourceforge.net/), doesn't seem to handle lisp structures.

ObPatterns: If people like to delve into the cognitive aspects of patterns,
here's an interesting read: "PATTERN AS AN ONTOLOGICAL CATEGORY"
http://hem.passagen.se/ijohansson/ontology5.htm

cheers,
Jason