patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] Which patterns are more frequently used?

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] Which patterns are more frequently used?

  • From: "devendermarri" <devendermarri AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] Which patterns are more frequently used?
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 08:56:37 +0800

Hi Jan,

SingeltonPattern may not be there in top 10, bcos of the complexities it
posses in multi-threading programming
and also in c++. This object should be made atomic and synchronized so that
multi-threading operations
does not corrupt the data. Singelton makes the design easy but it also at
increased coupling and hard to maintain issues. I see most people tempted to
reduce the complexity of there design by using singelton. I think singelton
will be on the top for anti-patterns.

Thanks
Regards.