patterns-discussion - Re: [patterns-discussion] MDP feasibility questions (was: Messaging Design Patterns (MDP) reusability and QA)

Subject: General talk about software patterns

Re: [patterns-discussion] MDP feasibility questions (was: Messaging Design Patterns (MDP) reusability and QA)

  • From: Messaging Design Pattern <dsheppard2k AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Al Boldi <a1426z AT gawab.com>
  • Cc: patterns-discussion AT cs.uiuc.edu, Ralph Johnson <johnson AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [patterns-discussion] MDP feasibility questions (was: Messaging Design Patterns (MDP) reusability and QA)
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:01:28 -0800 (PST)

Al,

Perhaps you could elaborate in terms of why you think the messaging design pattern is complex (specific examples, etc). I'd like to understand.  I believe it would benefit the discussion. I see it as a simple pattern (perhaps just me) with wide applicability .

Folks, let's get to the facts of the matter (MDP) based on reason and solid evidence/arguments. I think that we all agree that this is not a crazy idea. This is a fact. I think that if several of us think that way. We can convince the rest based on reason, solid evidence and facts. This would result in real benefits/gain. Also there may a better way of communicating the ideas behind the messaging pattern. I'd love to hear how this can be accomplished. BTW, I'm glad to hear that I'm not crazy after all ;-)

Best Regards,