charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git

  • From: Kelly Davis <kdavis AT alum.mit.edu>
  • To: "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT illinois.edu>, "Miller, Philip B" <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 10:02:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sanjay,

I have built on charm++ a system like Java's JMS+Spring in which the
containers
are provided by charm++ constructs and the contained elements are subclasses
of a given class and dynamically loaded from so's. This runs in the cloud on a
cluster of servers.

I want to process client requests in realtime. So, for me it is important
that if a given
server in the cluster goes down, the messages that would have been processed
by
that server not be lost, but are directed to another server in the cluster
and processed.

PS: Also, is mlogtft indeed in an experimental state?

Best,
Kelly