charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git

  • From: Esteban Meneses-Rojas <emenese2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Kelly Davis <kdavis AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: "Miller, Philip B" <mille121 AT illinois.edu>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 17:25:29 -0500

Kelly,
The mlogft version of Charm++ is in fact an experimental version
that we are trying to replace by a different message logging protocol.
However, this new message logging mechanism is not production-level
yet.
Regarding your application, how tightly coupled are the containers?
Do they exchange lots of messages? How big are these messages?

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Kelly Davis
<kdavis AT alum.mit.edu>