charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git

  • From: Xiang Ni <xiangni2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Kelly Davis <kdavis AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Compiling the charm++ from git
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 08:38:04 -0700

Hi Kelly,

Checkpoint/restart and message logging are two kind of fault tolerance
strategies supported by Charm++. In-memory checkpoint/restart is in
production level and nightly tested.

If you want to try it out, I would suggest you build charm like ./build
charm++ net-darwin-x86_64 syncft. The restart will only work for more than 2
nodes due to the algorithm. We're updating our manual for a detailed
explanation of how it works.

Thanks,

Xiang